Thomas M. Connelly, Associate
Attorney Thomas M. Connelly is a zealous advocate for every client he has the privilege to represent.
Tom understands the importance of being knowledgeable in the law and in command of the facts and issues of each case.
Tom’s passion for the law formed as a young child watching both his grandfather and uncle honorably serve their community as police officers. When his uncle left the police force to become an attorney, Tom knew that he wanted to follow in his footsteps.
Tom earned his undergraduate degree in political science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. By spending two years in the business world before law school, Tom developed the negotiation and communication skills required to successfully represent his clients.
Tom graduated summa cum laude from the Northern Illinois University College of Law, where he served as lead articles editor of the Law Review.
Tom earned scholarships for excellence in the study of civil procedure, evidence, trial advocacy, and ethics. Outside the classroom, Tom gained trial and appellate experience. He worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael J. Burke of the Illinois Appellate Court and later honed his litigation skills by representing clients as a supervised senior law student in both criminal and civil proceedings.
Tom was raised on the northside of Chicago and now lives in the Tri-City area and is passionate about serving the community he lives and works in.
As an attorney, clients put a great deal of trust in me. I constantly strive to work tirelessly to meet their needs and goals. Many clients have been injured both physically and mentally and i work to show them that justice can be achieved.
Notable Cases and Results:
- Resolved over 150 cases for victims of defective medical devices in 2020
- $1 million settlement for Aurora man injured by negligent truck driver
- $700,000 resolution for Naperville couple injured by negligent teen driver
- $550,000 DuPage County settlement with Naperville retail store slip and fall
- $492,000 arbitration award for Geneva women injured by negligent driver
- $425,000 settlement for Kane County women injured in disputed liability car crash
State of Illinois
Northern District of Illinois
Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A.
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division Council (2021-Present)
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Chicago Bar Association