Meyers & Flowers is a St. Charles law firm operating from a simple basic philosophy: put the client first. With that as a guiding principle, Meyers & Flowers has grown from a small but dedicated group of trial attorneys and medical malpractice lawyers into one of the top law firms in Illinois.
The Meyers & Flowers team is continuously growing to better serve our clients. Meyers & Flowers offers great employee benefits and perks! We offer health insurance, company-paid life insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, profit-sharing, paid time off, and paid holidays in addition to company outings, holiday events, monthly birthday lunches and the opportunity for career development.
Current Career Opportunities
Litigation Paralegal needed for fast-paced personal injury law firm. Our growing litigation team is seeking a self-motivated person that is confident working independently as well as in a team environment and able to provide administrative support to trial attorneys. This full-time position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to anticipate litigation needs of a case in all stages of litigation.
As our Litigation Paralegal, you will be responsible for docketing deadlines, preparing discovery, drafting correspondence, scheduling depositions, and client communications. Our team is looking for our newest addition to have a positive attitude and understand that the term “paralegal” also means the ability to perform under pressure while still knowing how to laugh when the day does not go as planned.
If you are enthusiastic, a team player, able to multi-task in a challenging environment, and are ready to hit the ground running to relentlessly pursue justice for your community, this is your opportunity.
- Review, organize, and summarize reports and other case materials.
- Assist in deposition preparation, pre-trial investigations, and trial preparation.
- Request necessary documents from clients to determine status of files.
- Manage high volume of client calls and follow-ups to meet strict deadlines.
- Work with attorneys and support staff to guide clients through their case and provide an exceptional level of customer service.
- Manage attorney calendars, schedule meetings, and maintain itineraries.
Meyers & Flowers Team Members Are:
- Proficient in personal injury law.
- Described as having excellent organizational skills and are deadline oriented.
- Able to maintain a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Those who thrive in a highly active, high-volume environment.
- Excellent at time management, multi-tasking, and critical thinking abilities.
- Minimum of 3 years of litigation experience, preferably in a plaintiff's law firm.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills on the phone, in person, and by email. Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Preferred candidates have received their bachelor’s degree or have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program.
- Experience and knowledge of e-filing in Cook County/suburban counties.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to adapt to a variety of systems.
Schedule & Benefits:
Our team works exclusively from our St. Charles office Monday through Friday. Meyers & Flowers provides a comprehensive benefit package, which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and profit-sharing
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Company outings and holiday events
- Monthly birthday lunches
- The opportunity for career development
Meyers & Flowers and their sister-firm Meyers, Flowers, Bruno, McPhedran & Herrmann are nationally recognized firms who represent clients across the country in a diverse range of practice areas. We are looking for a dynamic candidate for an Associate Attorney position to join our Peru, IL office. Our growing litigation team is seeking a self-motivated person with 3+ years of civil litigation experience to assist with managing a diverse portfolio of cases, including: medical malpractice, personal injury, workers’ compensation, auto accidents, and product liability.
To be successful as an Associate Attorney, you must be dedicated, highly motivated, and interested in practicing among twelve other attorneys who value compassionate, zealous advocacy. This is an exceptional opportunity for candidates seeking a high level of responsibility in a fast-paced personal injury law firm with great potential for advancement.
Although we may not be currently hiring for the position you are looking to apply for, please feel free to submit your resume. We will keep your information on file and reach out to you for any future roles that you would make a great candidate for. Other positions that may open in the future include: Law Clerk, Legal Assistant, Client Services Representative, Associate Attorney, and Attorney. We look forward to hearing from you.