Michael W. Lenert, Partner
Attorney Michael W. Lenert is an experienced litigator who has obtained tremendous results for both injured individuals as well as businesses and government entities. Mr. Lenert practices in the areas of personal injury, medical negligence, workers' compensation, commercial and general litigation.
My clients entrust me with the responsibility to be their voice in a time of great difficulty and challenge. This is not a duty that I take lightly. The only way to be a voice of strength and fortitude for my clients is to devote every ounce of my energy into zealously advocating on their behalf and to be painstakingly thorough in the investigation, preparation and trial of each case.
Mr. Lenert received his undergraduate degree cum laude from Marquette University in 2005 and his law degree cum laude from Creighton University School of Law in 2008. He is a member of the Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society and the Order of Omega Honor Society.
Mr. Lenert’s steadfast approach has earned him numerous honors. He’s been selected by his peers as both an Illinois Rising Star, a distinction earned by no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state, and an Illinois Emerging Lawyer, a distinction earned by less than 2 percent of all lawyers in the state under the age of 40. He has been selected as one of the “10 Best” for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, "Top 40 Lawyer Under 40" by the American Society of Legal Advocates, and was also recognized as the Kane County Bar Association’s Outstanding New Lawyer.
Mike is licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois and is admitted to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He is an active member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA) where he served on its Board of Managers from 2019-2020, the Illinois State Bar Association, and the Kane County Bar Association.
Mr. Lenert is actively involved in the community through his work with several local charities. He was born in Aurora, Illinois and is a lifelong resident of the Fox Valley. He attended grade school at Holy Angels in Aurora and high school at Marmion Academy. Mike and his wife, Katie, reside in Geneva.
Notable Cases and Results:
- $7,000,000 resolution for 6-year-old boy hit by negligent semi-truck driver
- $5,000,000 for 47-year-old Chicago firefighter killed in the line of duty after a commercial building collapse
- $5,000,000 settlement for family of truck driver killed at Chicago loading facility
- $4,975,000 for 49-year-old pedestrian killed at industrial facility in Cook County, Illinois
- $3,600,000 for 79 and 81-year-old killed in automobile accident in LaSalle County
- $1,999,999 for 44-year-old motorcyclist who suffered fractured ankle, pelvis, and torn knee ligaments after being struck by county-owned vehicle
- $1,800,000 for 42-year-old bicyclist who suffered traumatic brain injury after being struck by ComEd SUV
- $1,500,000 for 70-year-old killed in automobile accident in Bureau County, Illinois
- $1,450,000 for 55 and 57-year-old bicyclists who suffered upper extremity injuries and traumatic brain injury after being struck by vehicle in Kane County
- $1,400,000 for lessee of a municipal property after lessee was sued for breach of contract by municipal lessor
- $1,039,695 for 44-year-old truck driver who suffered cervical and lumbar spine injuries in automobile accident in Coles County, Illinois
- $1,000,000 for 22-year-old tow truck driver killed on roadway while attempting to tow a disabled vehicle
State of Illinois
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Creighton University School of Law, J.D.
Marquette University, B.A.
BAR/PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION INVOLVEMENT:
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association Board of Managers 2019 - 2020
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society
- Order of Omega Honor Society
AWARDS; HONORS; DISTINCTIONS:
- Kane County Bar Association “2015 Outstanding New Lawyer”
- Super Lawyers “Illinois Rising Star” since 2016
- Leading Lawyers “Illinois Emerging Lawyer”
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys “10 Best” for Client Satisfaction
- American Society of Legal Advocates “Top 40 Lawyers Under 40”
- Creighton Moot Court Competition “Most Outstanding Oralist”
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Alternative Dispute Resolution