Outside of school, Lauren gained perspective and experience by practicing criminal law. She completed externships at the Zeke Giorgi Criminal Defense Clinic and the Kane County State’s Attorney’s Office. There, Lauren honed her litigation skills by prosecuting traffic and criminal misdemeanor cases. This taught her the value of representing victims of tragic accidents that need help navigating our complex legal system.
Lauren E. Edmunds, Associate
You often hear the saying “work your way up,” a success story Lauren Edmunds truly embodies as she started her career with Meyers & Flowers at just 19 years old as an intern. Now over half a decade later, Lauren’s determination and ambition earned her the title of Associate Attorney at Meyers & Flowers.
While working towards her bachelor’s degree at North Central College, she would spend her evenings in class and her days at Meyers & Flowers learning the personal injury litigation industry from the ground up. As she continued to grow in her career, she proved herself repeatedly, earning the position of Law Clerk while advancing to Law School.
After graduating from North Central College, Lauren continued her education at Northern Illinois University College of Law where she graduated with honors. As a law student, she served as Managing Editor of the NIU Law Review, Chief Justice of Moot Court Society as well as earned the distinguished title of Lenny B. Mandell Moot Court Competition’s Triple Crown Winner after sweeping all three categories: Champion, Best Oralist, and Best Brief. She served as the Kane County Bar Association’s Student Liaison and participated in several mock trial competitions.
I practice client-centered representation. My goal is to build mutual trust and respect with my clients as I guide them through their case, so that any resolution meets their needs and provides them with a satisfactory experience.
Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D.
North Central College, B.A.
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Chicago Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- Women's Law Cautious
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Society of Women Trial Lawyers
- Workers Compensation Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Committee
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Managing Editor of NIU Law Review
- Lenny B. Mandell Moot Court Competition Triple Crown Winner: Champion, Best Oralist, Best Brief
- Moot Court Society Chief Justice
- National Moot Court Competition Hosted by the New York Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America “Ones To Watch” (2023-Present)
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants