Lauren is also a passionate advocate for clients whose lives have been profoundly impacted by defective products and pharmaceutical drugs. She has been actively involved in litigating against major manufacturers of defective opioid medications, breast cancer chemotherapy medications, pressure cookers, and cooking spray oil cans. Lately, Lauren has dedicated much of her time and efforts to representing over 700 clients who have suffered from the opioid crisis, holding the pharmaceutical industry accountable for their reprehensible conduct that caused irreparable harm to communities across the country.
Lauren E. Edmunds, Associate
The saying ‘work your way up’ is often heard, but it truly embodies Lauren E. Edmunds’ success story. She began her career with Meyers & Flowers as an intern when she was only 19 years old, and now a decade later, her determination and ambition earned her the title of Associate Attorney at Meyers & Flowers.
Upon graduating with honors from Northern Illinois University College of Law, Lauren launched a successful career as a trial attorney at the very firm she learned the personal injury litigation industry from the ground up. Currently, Lauren specializes her practice in the areas of personal injury, sexual abuse, and product liability, while also leading the workers’ compensation department at the firm.
Daughter of a sheet metal worker, Lauren was proudly raised in a union home. After experiencing first-hand what a workplace injury can do financially to a family, she dedicated her career to protecting the rights of injured individuals. Advocacy for the underrepresented is the driving force behind her passion for justice.
I RECOGNIZE AND RESPECT THAT MY CLIENTS HAVE OFTEN ENDURED DEEPLY TRAUMATIC EXPERIENCES AND REQUIRE MORE THAN JUST LEGAL REPRESENTATION, BUT ALSO A COMPASSIONATE SUPPORT SYSTEM. I FEEL PRIVILEGDED TO HAVE BEEN THAT SUPPORT SYSTEM TO NUMEROUS ABUSE SURVIVORS. COMPASSION LIES AT THE CORE OF MY PRACTICE, AS I PRIORITIZE BUILDING TRUST, ACTIVELY LISTENING WITH AN EMPATHETIC APPROACH, AND SAFEGUARDING MY CLIENTS’ WELL-BEING.
When not devoting her time and efforts to her clients, the Streamwood, Illinois native enjoys traveling, attending concerts, and playing board games.
Northern Illinois University College of Law, J.D.
North Central College, B.A.
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Chicago Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- Women's Law Cautious
- American Association for Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Society of Women Trial Lawyers
- Workers Compensation Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Workers’ Compensation Committee
- New Lawyers Chair Commitee
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Managing Editor of NIU Law Review
- Lenny B. Mandell Moot Court Competition Triple Crown Winner: Champion, Best Oralist, Best Brief
- Moot Court Society Chief Justice
- National Moot Court Competition Hosted by the New York Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America “Ones To Watch” (2023-Present)
- Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants
NOTABLE CASES AND RESULTS:
- $775,000 settlement for fatal Iowa crash - $275,000 over insurance limits
- $412,500 settlement for victim injured in ambulance crash
- $250,000 medical malpratice settlement out of court
- $150,000 resolution for the wrongful death of a minor
- $107,000 settlement for victim injured by a defective home appliance
- $100,000 workers' compensation settlement for an employee injured in an auto accident
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Presented "The Road to Law School and Beyond” at North Central College's Cardinal First Alumni Academy
- 13-chapter Medical Malpractice Trial Notebook 2021; Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Contributor to the Illinois Legal Aid Online Workers' Compensation section