What does Workers’ Compensation Cover?
Under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation and Occupational Diseases Acts, benefits are provided for:
- Medical care necessary to cure an illness or repair an injury. This includes emergency medical treatment, surgery, pharmaceuticals, prosthetics, alteration of living space, chiropractic and other related rehabilitative services.
- Temporary total disability (TTD) benefits while unable to work.
- Temporary partial disability (TPD) benefits while the employee recovers but is able to work light duty for less pay.
- Permanent partial disability (PPD) for employees with some permanent disability but who can still work.
- Permanent total disability (PTD) for employees completely unable to work
- Vocational rehabilitation.
- Death benefits for surviving family members.